Year 3 Home Learning
How is it all going? Time is moving on quickly and I can hardly believe we are nearly at the end of the school year.
Thank you everyone who has been engaging in Seesaw activities – it’s been great to see all the effort you have been sharing with me. Thanks also, for picking up the Power Maths books – how are you liking them. I think they’re really nice to work from with lots of information to help. Best of all, you can mark your own work!
Now for a few mentions –
Who will get the certificates next week? 🤔
Keep going all of you.
Take care and stay safe.
Year 3 Daily Routine Suggestions.
|Before 9.00am||Wake-up||Breakfast & get dressed|
|9-9.30am||You gotta move – it!|| Exercise
– where possible
|9.30 – 10.30am||Let’s Learn||Maths – see below|
|10.00 – 10.30am (each Wednesday)
10.30 – 11.00am
|Go to Topic on Home Learning Suggestions
And . . . Stop
|Join in the Safe + Sound fire safety workshop live
Have a drink, a snack, some time out.
|11.00 – 11.30am||Let’s Learn||English
|11.30am – 1pm||Lunch time
|Finish off your activity and get ready for your dinner! Exercise|
|1.00- 1.30pm||Quiet time||Reading – choose a book from home or a book from Big Cat, Epic or Nessy.|
|1.30 – 2.30pm||Let’s create||Choose a Geography, History or Science over the week. See below|
|2.30 – 4pm||Get even more creative||Your turn to decide – create something from Lego, draw or paint a picture, find some pebbles and create some stone art, work on your garden or measure the plants that you have grown and draw them. Create a diary. Baking and cooking. Whatever it is – be active and creative|
Grid of activities (updated 24/4/20)
Have a look at the white Rose for money
– choose an image and an activity. Follow this through for the rest of the week –https://www.pobble365.com/Spelling
– choose 3 or 4 spellings from the Y3/4 list and practise with an activity below.
– Research the rainforest & choose activities from here https://www.rainforest-alliance.org/kids
– can you continue research on the Stone Age, can you design your own shelter
– investigate the water cycle. Can you draw your own diagram to explain it? http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/swater.html
– 30 day challenge or design something of your own. Check out google images.
– write a diary, create a piece of art work, rock art, land art (research Andy Goldsworthy for ideas). With a grown up – use a recipe, make it, taste it, share it!
|7 spelling activities||PE
Fancy competing against children from your own school and others across the city from your own home? Go to the School Games icon under P.E on our Home Learning Suggestions each Monday to see the new challenge, click on the link in the document to reveal the challenge and to log your score. Any age can enter. Good Luck!!